Newsletter

Get your daily update and weekly newsletter by signing up today!

News

Super Computer model rates Newcastle relegation probability and chances of beating Sheffield United

11 months ago
Share

Interesting overview of Newcastle United for the season and tonight’s game at Sheffield United.

The super computer model predictions are based on the FiveThirtyEight revision to the Soccer Power Index, which is a rating mechanism for football teams which takes account of over half a million matches, and is based on Opta‘s play-by-play data.

They have analysed all Premier League matches this midweek, including the game at Bramall Lane.

Their computer model gives Sheffield United a 49% chance of an away win, it is 27% for a draw and a 24% possibility of a Newcastle win.

They also have predictions as to how the final Premier League table will look, for winning the title it is now Man City 27% and Liverpool 70%, the rest basically nowhere, Leicester next highest at 2% each.

Interesting to see how the computer model rates the percentage probability chances of relegation as:

70% Norwich

65% Watford

26% Newcastle United

25% West Ham

24% Southampton

21% Villa

18% Brighton

16% Bournemouth

10% Burnley

8% Sheff Utd

8% Everton

4% Palace

3% Arsenal

2% Wolves

Share

If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]

Have your say

© 2020 The Mag. All Rights Reserved. Design & Build by Mediaworks