Newsletter

Get your daily update and weekly newsletter by signing up today!

News

Super Computer rated Newcastle United chance of beating Aston Villa and relegation probability

3 weeks ago
Share

Interesting overview of Newcastle United for the season and Saturday’s match against Aston Villa.

The super computer model predictions are based on the FiveThirtyEight revision to the Soccer Power Index, which is a rating mechanism for football teams which takes account of over half a million matches, and is based on Opta‘s play-by-play data.

They have analysed all Premier League matches this weekend, which includes this Newcastle United game against Aston Villa.

Their computer model gives Aston Villa a 49% chance of a win, it is 24% for a draw and a 27% possibility of a Newcastle win.

When it comes to winning the title, they have the probability Man City a 33% chance, Liverpool 23%, 19% Chelsea, Man Utd 13% and Tottenham 4%.

For Newcastle United, it is a less than 1% chance of winning the Premier League and currently NUFC given a 2% possibility of finishing top four.

Also interesting to see how the computer model rates the percentage probability chances of relegation…:

44% Norwich

37% Crystal Palace

34% Watford

33% Burnley

28% Southampton

27% Newcastle United

27% Brentford

16% Wolves

13% Aston Villa

It is early days but Newcastle United need to get some points on the board early doors, settle those nerves…

Share

If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]

Have your say

© 2021 The Mag. All Rights Reserved. Design & Build by Mediaworks