Newsletter

Get your daily update and weekly newsletter by signing up today!

News

Super Computer model rates Newcastle United relegation probability and chances of beating Burnley

10 months ago
Share

Interesting overview of Newcastle United for the season and Saturday’s game at Turf Moor.

The super computer model predictions are based on the FiveThirtyEight revision to the Soccer Power Index, which is a rating mechanism for football teams which takes account of over half a million matches, and is based on Opta‘s play-by-play data.

They have analysed all Premier League matches this weekend, including the game at Turf Moor.

Their computer model gives Burnley a 51% chance of a home win, it is 26% for a draw and a 23% possibility of a Newcastle win (percentage probabilities rounded up/down to nearest whole number).

When it comes to winning the title, they have the probability at 85% Liverpool, 12% Man City and 3% Leicester.

Also interesting to see how the computer model now rates the percentage probability chances of relegation:

79% Norwich

66% Watford

32% West Ham

27% Southampton

25% Villa

22% Bournemouth

12% Burnley

11% Newcastle United

10% Brighton

6% Sheff Utd

4% Everton

4% Palace

2% Arsenal

1% Wolves

So they now rate Newcastle only a one in nine chance of going down.

Share

If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]

Have your say

© 2020 The Mag. All Rights Reserved. Design & Build by Mediaworks