Newsletter

Get your daily update and weekly newsletter by signing up today!

News

Computer model says Newcastle rated 8% possibility to beat Man City and 21% chance for relegation

2 weeks ago
Share

Interesting overview of Newcastle United for the season and this weekend.

The computer model predictions are based on the FiveThirtyEight revision to the Soccer Power Index, which is a rating mechanism for football teams which takes account of over half a million matches, and is based on Opta‘s play-by-play data.

They have analysed all Premier League matches this coming weekend, including the game at St James Park.

Their computer model gives Man City a 78% chance of an away win, it is 14% for a draw and a 8% possibility of a Newcastle win.

They also have predictions as to how the final Premier League table will look, for winning the title it is now Man City 28% and Liverpool 68%, the rest basically nowhere -Leicester and Chelsea next highest at 2% each.

Saturday’s visitors currently nine points off Liverpool at the top ahead of the weekend.

Interesting to see how the computer model rates the percentage chances of relegation as:

61% Norwich

52% Watford

37% Southampton

32% West Ham

27% Newcastle United

21% Villa

21% Brighton

12% Bournemouth

11% Palace

8% Sheff Utd

7% Everton

5% Burnley

2% Wolves

Share

If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]

Have your say

© 2019 The Mag. All Rights Reserved. Design & Build by Mediaworks