Newsletter

Get your daily update and weekly newsletter by signing up today!

News

Newcastle United rated 31% chance for relegation and 9% possibility to beat Chelsea

1 year ago
Share

Interesting overview of Newcastle United for the season and this weekend.

The computer model predictions are based on the FiveThirtyEight revision to the Soccer Power Index, which is a rating mechanism for football teams which takes account of over half a million matches, and is based on Opta‘s play-by-play data.

They have analysed all Premier League matches this coming weekend, including the game at Stamford Bridge.

Their computer model gives Chelsea a 73% chance of an away win, it is 18% for a draw and a 9% possibility of a Newcastle win.

They also have predictions as to how the final Premier League table will look, for winning the title it is Man City 40% and Liverpool 56%, the rest basically nowhere – Chelsea next highest at 2%.

For Newcastle United, they are rated as somewhere less than 1% in terms of possibly winning the league (that would be zero chance), though now still a less than 1% chance of qualifying for the Champions League as well now…

Interesting to see how they rate the relegation battle, the bookies have Newcastle as a 6/4 chance (of going down at the moment but the computer model rates the percentage chances of relegation as:

51% Norwich

47% Watford

32% Villa

31% Newcastle United

30% Sheff Utd

22% Brighton

20% Southampton

12% West Ham

11% Bournemouth

11% Burnley

Share

If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]

Have your say

© 2021 The Mag. All Rights Reserved. Design & Build by Mediaworks