Newsletter

Get your daily update and weekly newsletter by signing up today!

News

Newcastle United rated 22% chance for relegation and 3% possibility to beat Liverpool – Ridiculous

1 week ago
Share

Interesting overview of Newcastle United for the season and this weekend.

The computer model predictions are based on the FiveThirtyEight revision to the Soccer Power Index, which is a rating mechanism for football teams which takes account of over half a million matches, and is based on Opta‘s play-by-play data.

They have analysed all Premier League matches this coming weekend, including the game at Anfield.

Their computer model gives Liverpool an 85% chance of a win, it is 12% for a draw and 3% possibility of a Newcastle win.

Which of course is absolutely ridiculous, as Newcastle should never be as high as 3% for a possible victory…

They also have predictions as to the how the final Premier League table will look, Man City a 98% chance of finishing top four and Liverpool 95%.

As for winning the title it is Man City 59% and Liverpool 36%, the rest basically nowhere.

For Newcastle United, they are rated as somewhere less than 1% in terms of possibly winning the league (that would be zero chance), though a 2% chance of qualifying for the Champions League…

Interesting to see how they rate the relegation battle, the bookies have Newcastle as a pretty much 50/50 chance of going down at the moment but the computer model rates the percentage chances of relegation as:

40% Norwich

37% Villa

35% Watford

33% Brighton

32% Sheff Utd

22% Newcastle United

19% Bournemouth

18% Burnley

17% Southampton

13% Wolves

11% Palace

11% West Ham

Share

If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]

Have your say

© 2019 The Mag. All Rights Reserved. Design & Build by Mediaworks