The key points of Mike Ashley message to Newcastle United fans
I don’t like you and have just orchestrated the removal of your beloved Rafa, may sound a little simplistic, but it’s true.
When all the dust settles, we get over the shock and it sinks in that we had a world class manager in our grasp and now he’s gone, we will all point the finger at one man. That won’t be Rafa Benitez.
So why has Mike Ashley committed this self harm to himself, the fans and the club that he owns?
My opinion, that can be seen in my previous articles, is that he is vindictive and is happy to constructively dismantle our beloved club, whilst making money along the way.
With season ticket renewals due in a week’s time, before buying, I would ask all fans what Mike Ashley is actually telling us through his terrible treatment of Rafa Benitez and refusal to be drawn on questions of a potential takeover.
I cannot believe that he doesn’t understand the consequences of his actions. I therefore assume that he is trying to break the fanbase and is blatantly trying to stop them from renewing season tickets. With all due respect, it would take a mug to vindicate his actions by buying a season ticket, in the current climate.
Here, in my opinion, are the key points of his message to fans:
– Mike Ashley doesn’t value Rafa Benitez or his ambition
– He doesn’t appreciate the fans or what they want
– He doesn’t share a progressive vision
– He doesn’t want to invest, improve or develop the club
– 17th is his year on year aim, anything better is a bonus, literally
– Relegation doesn’t mean the end of the world
– He doesn’t care that his universally bad decision will affect renewals
– Ashley continues to wind the fans up and is flaunting this in their faces
– Money is the key priority with vindictiveness and narcissism in the background
– His actions are suggesting that a takeover is unlikely
I could expand that list 10 times over but I think you get my message.
Can you ever watch HIS club ever again with a clear conscience?
It could well be the next stage of trying to break the fanbase as he knows many will not now renew.
Where is the national press when you need them?
If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]