Newsletter

Get your daily update and weekly newsletter by signing up today!

News

Agent confirms Wesley Moraes joining Aston Villa and not Newcastle United – Report

1 month ago
Share

Newcastle United have been repeatedly linked with striker Wesley Moraes.

At the end of the season the 22 year old Brazilan forward said he was definitely leaving Brugge and wanted to move to the Premier League.

Newcastle were reported to have watched the striker over a long period of time and then just under three weeks ago (see below), the player’s agent, Paulo Nehmy, said that he had held talks with Newcastle United.

However, Nehmy added But, Rafa Benitez needs to renew his contract (first)…’

Here we are 18 days on, we still have no idea about whether Rafa Benitez will be manager next season, who will own the club, plus there have been no signings whatsoever.

Today HLN in Belgium have announced that a transfer fee of 25m euros (£22m) has been agreed with Aston Villa and official confirmation is expected any time soon.

Backing up that story, calciomercato now say that they have talked to Moraes’ agent and that he has confirmed that a deal was concluded yesterday with Aston Villa, with Brugge set to announce it.

Was Wesley Moraes a big target for Rafa Benitez and Newcastle United?

Maybe, maybe not.

However, one thing for sure, Newcastle will be making no significant signings until the manager’s position is sorted, as well as the ownership of the club seemingly, one way or another.

Calciomercato exclusive:

‘Wesley Moraes had been linked with a move to both Lazio and Newcastle United…

However, CalcioMercato.com can confirm that the Brazilian forward will be joining newly promoted Aston Villa, with the player’s agent, Paulo Nehmy, confirming that “negotiations concluded yesterday” and that “further details are to come from Brugge”.

Villa’s signing will mark a statement of intent as they return to the Premier League; with the side hoping they can stay up and do not face instant relegation back down to the Championship.’

The Mag – 25 May 2019:

The ongoing saga of waiting for the Rafa Benitez contract situation to be resolved, is taking its toll on Newcastle fans.

Fans worried about whether the much decorated manager will stay.

Whilst there are also the worries of just how big a negative the Rafa situation will be, in terms of its impact on missed transfer opportunities.

A big indication as to just how real those fears are, has been delivered on Saturday.

Club Brugge striker Wesley Moraes has been widely linked to Newcastle and last weekend (see below) confirmed his preference was to move to the Premier League this summer.

Paulo Nehmy is the agent of the Brazilian striker and in an exclusive interview has answered questions about the player’s future.

Nehm confirming that there has been talks with Newcastle United.

However, he says that they are having to wait to see what happens with Rafa Benitez first, before any potential progress can be made on a transfer.

Speaking to The Laziali, Wesley Moraes’ agent, Paulo Nehmy’:

‘Are Lazio interested still?’

“Yes, it is true, Lazio are interested, but between being close and getting the business done it still demands conversations.

‘What about Newcastle? Are they in the running?’

“Yes, it’s true too, we already had a conversation.

“But, Rafa Benitez needs to renew his contract (first)…

“West Ham have already made contact.”

Share

If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]

Have your say

© 2019 The Mag. All Rights Reserved. Design & Build by Mediaworks