Mike Ashley people tell media the sale of Newcastle United isn’t happening – Report
Mike Ashley has now made clear he doesn’t expect a sale of Newcastle United to happen this season.
That is the essence of an ‘exclusive’ on Saturday morning, only hours before Newcastle’s biggest game of the season so far.
Defeat to Cardiff is unthinkable, as it would guarantee staying in the bottom three with then Premier League matches against Man City at home, and Spurs and Wolves away, up next.
It is amazing just how often Mike Ashley makes the headlines about him when Newcastle United have an important match.
It is The Mail running the exclusive and they state that sources close to Mike Ashley have informed them that there has been no contact with Peter Kenyon in recent weeks. It was only two weeks ago of course when we had that embarrassing letter charade, where a supposed pre-Christmas letter from Kenyon to Mike Ashley via the club, was reportedly made public by both parties, to reassure everybody that the takeover was still progressing…
The newspaper says that as well as no contact with Peter Kenyon, Mike Ashley’s people have also told them that none of the other (imaginary?) bidders has ‘attempted to progress their interest’ in buying Newcastle United.
The report goes on to say that with Mike Ashley now not expecting a takeover to happen, this could be good news for Rafa Benitez (Yes, bet he will be dancing around St James Park as we speak).
The reason being that now Ashley may feel forced to spend some money to help fend off relegation, with The Mail saying that along with this, are hopes Rafa Benitez and the owner may come closer together and ‘re-open their dialogue’ (from the infamous pizza night out stunt).
Mike Ashley’s people also saying that signing could still happen, such as Miguel Almiron, but only if an alleged £4m fee to agents isn’t insisted upon. This follows earlier reports that an Almiron move to Newcastle could only still happen if Atlanta significantly lowered their asking price, the player significantly lowered his wage demands, plus fees to agents were drastically lowered…
The report concludes with claims that reports of Dennis Wise advising Mike Ashley once again, are untrue.
The Times having reported on Friday that Wise was once again advising the NUFC owner on various matters, as well as being responsible for helping to arrange for pro-Mike Ashley comments from the likes of Tim Sherwood and Rio Ferdinand last weekend.
For what it is worth, I don’t think Craig Hope from The Mail is making all of this up.
As to whether Mike Ashley and his minions are/have been making all of this up, well that might be quite another matter.
For most Newcastle fans, no sale of the club is hardly a shock, as most supporters never believed it in the first place.
After 11 years of Mike Ashley supposedly trying to sell Newcastle United, why would anybody have believed it this time, especially in the middle of a relegation fight?
If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]