We asked fans the question, which 11 players would you pick in your Newcastle United team v Manchester United?

We put together a list of the 21 players who could potentially be selected for this game.

Rafa Benitez having made six changes at Liverpool and three against Watford, so potentially set to make some more tonight in the busy festive programme of matches.

What though do the Newcastle fans see as the best eleven to play today?

The supporters appearing to go for a 4-4-1-1 formation as opposed to Rafa’s recent five at the back preference.

Nine of the choices getting 82% fan support or higher.

Whilst the slightly more contentious spots see Kenedy (62%) selected on the left and Yoshinori Muto (57%) as the main support to Salomon Rondon.

As for those who missed out,Christian Atsu (42%) and Ayoze Perez (40%) scored highest.

This is how the team would look based on the Newcastle fan votes (percentage support for all players below):

newcastle united team v manchester united

Here is the percentage (rounded up or down to nearest whole number) support for each Newcastle player from the thousands of votes cast:

98% Salomon Rondon

96% Martin Dubravka

95% Jamaal Lascelles

93% Matt Ritchie

92% Paul Dummett

91% Fabian Schar

91% DeAndre Yedlin

86% Jonjo Shelvey

82% Mohamed Diame

62% Kenedy

57% Yoshinori Muto

42% Christian Atsu

40% Ayoze Perez

20% Jacob Murphy

17% Sean Longstaff

15% Isaac Hayden

9% Javier Manquillo

4% Joselu

2% Freddie Woodman

2% Rob Elliot

2% Achraf Lazaar

Newcastle United v Man Utd Match Betting:

Newcastle United win 19/4Draw 16/5Man Utd win 11/20

Rondon to score first goal 8/1NUFC win 1-0 17/1Newcastle to score in both halves 17/4

All Newcastle United v Man Utd betting HERE



  • Toontaff

    Patrick Hermann, Diego Laxalt, Valentin Rosier, Kenny Lala Lala………….we might have a new team by 8pm!

  • Kenny

    Ayoze 40% ,
    old Monks been banging away at the votes, REFRESH
    😂😂😂

    • Toontaff

      There’s a whole new influx of ‘greys’ – they’ll knack the internet in Monkseaton and Moscow, at this rate!

      • JohnnyH

        Convinced for ages that it KBA paying a couple of knackas to post pro-Ashley garbage Under loads of pseudonyms
        Although I think Monk is just a one-off loony

    • Rabid Dog

      I notice button toon either deleted his account today or last night either that or meticulously deleted all his posts… kept calling everyone mate, what’s with that

      • Kenny

        He`s had a few accounts, Troll idiot

      • JohnnyH

        Spot him a mile away …..mate… new on here don’t know anyone.
        Troll

  • New Durham Mags

    Only 96% chose Dubravka i’d love to meet the other 4% for a pint or 2.
    what a fun afternoon that would be :)

    • Andy Mac

      Out of 100% asked, 4% said “What’s the question” ?

  • Andy Mac

    5 at the back works away from home but Rafa falls between a rock and a hard place at home. He wants to defend with all his might but knows effort wins the fans over or at least gets them off their phones and looking at the game ?

    Personally I’d ask the PL if we could play all our remaining games away from home as the “atmosphere” at SJP is almost non existent.

  • fistsofsteel2

    Perez has to play. He’s probably our best player, and most capable of a goal, or assist; and he works non – stop harrying the opposition and helping us defensively.

    • Billmag

      Probably our best player mmmm you suffering a hangover, as a number 10 working non stop isn’t enough as far as I’m concerned.

    • JohnnyH

      Spoken with tongue firmly in cheek?