Newsletter

Get your daily update and weekly newsletter by signing up today!

News

Late Friday afternoon exclusive reveals Rafa Benitez has now lost 2 (could be 3) first team players for Leicester as well as Rondon

10 months ago
Share

Rafa Benitez confirmed early Friday afternoon that Salomon Rondon would be missing against Leicester and it would be late October at the earliest before he would potentially be back.

Not the news you need when in the relegation zone without a win, having struggled badly for goals.

Failing to score against both Cardiff and Palace, with only the bottom two clubs having scored less than NUFC’s four Premier League goals.

Now late on Friday afternoon, an exclusive from The Mail has revealed that there are more injuries impacting on Rafa Benitez.

The newspaper says that as well as Florian Lejeune who is long-term injured, Rafa could now have to do without up to three of the defenders who played at Selhurst Park.

The report says that DeAndre Yedlin has a problem with his ankle but the club are hopeful he will come through a  late fitness test.

However, not so hopeful on the other two.

Both Federico Fernandez and Paul Dummett are said to be set to miss after picking up hamstring problems.

With no decent alternative at left-back and with Fernandez having been Newcastle’s best player so far this season, it is looking a bit of a nightmare.

Especially with Leicester’s big strength being going forward, led by Jamie Vardy.

They have scored in every PL match this season, 11 in total, and  were the top scoring  team outside the top six last season.

The likes of Javier Manquillo, Ciaran Clark and Fabian Schar are all now possibilities as Rafa Benitez has yet another headache to solve.

Share

If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]

Have your say

© 2019 The Mag. All Rights Reserved. Design & Build by Mediaworks