Newcastle United make £6m offer plus add-ons for Stanley N’Soki – Report
Saturday afternoon has seen reports from France that Newcastle have bid 7m euros (just over £6m) for Stanley N’Soki.
The offer is also said to include 4m euros in add-ons if the 19 year old hits certain targets.
This would make a total of 11m euros (approx £10m) eventually, depending on those targets being hit.
RMC Sport said yesterday that Rafa Benitez had spoken to PSG’s Director of Football and he had quoted the Newcastle manager 10m euros (just under £9m).
The latest update is from Yahoo Sports (France) and journalist Manu Lonjon says Newcastle are now awaiting a response to their offer.
It remaining to be seen if the Ligue 1 club are prepared to compromise on their demand for 10m euros up front and accept a lower amount guaranteed, with potentially a higher amount paid eventually.
The 19 year old central defender is looking for more regular first team footballer and appears to be highly thought of in France. However, no Newcastle transfer appears to go through easily these days.
The Mag – Friday 3 August 2018:
Thursday brought news from Sky Sports that Newcastle United were trying to buy Stanley N’Soki.
The 19 year old promising central defender can also play left back and left wing back.
Now RMC Sport report that Newcastle United manager Rafa Benitez has this week contacted PSG Director of Football Antero Henrique, to discuss a possible deal.
They say that whilst PSG would ideally like to keep the player, they have quoted Newcastle United 10m euros (£8.9m) if they want to buy him.
Syanley N’Soki is wanting to play more football and if PSG won’t guarantee this, he wants to move on.
Last season he only made the one first team appearance, as a substitute in a Ligue 1 match.
Contract talks beyond his current deal (one year left on his youth contract) have been ongoing for weeks but got nowhere according to the French media organisation.
RMC Sport say that Newcastle have so far refused to pay the £8.9m price tag and that there is plenty of interest from elsewhere, with Marseille and Juventus two of the clubs to have registered their interest.
In pre-season, the young defender has started against Bayern Munich, Arsenal and Atletico Madrid and not looked out of place, but that playing time has been largely down to the absence of PSG’s World Cup players. Stanley N’Soki set to once again drop far from team selection once the squad is all back together and ready to be involved.
RMC say there have been claims that Marseille have indeed already put in a big whilst Newcastle stand idly by.
Rafa Benitez has said he ideally wants up to five more signings but with six days until transfer deadline and Mike Ashley showing no signs of accepting what needs to be done, none of us would be the least bit surprised if no more signings were made.
Newcastle currently some £25m in profit on deals in and out so far this summer, the club with easily the lowest net spend (minus!) in the Premier League.
If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]