Achraf Lazaar is totally sidelined at Newcastle United.
Along wit Aarons and Saivet, the Moroccan left-back wasn’t even given a first team squad number this season.
The clear message to the three of them being that if they don’t find new clubs, they face a season of training and playing with the kids.
Speaking to the Italian media, Achraf Lazaar says that when he flew out to Italy last Friday, he understood the deal was going through and he just had to sign.
However, when it came down to it, the clubs couldn’t reach agreement.
At the time it was said that the year loan deal failed because of the buying option.
Both clubs agreed there would be one but whilst Genoa wanted a choice on whether to buy Lazaar next summer, Newcastle were insisting on a binding sale at the end of the loan deal.
It remains to be seen whether another loan club can be found elsewhere before the end of the month, with Italian clubs now ruled out with their transfer window having closed.
The signs maybe aren’t great as Achraf Lazaar is talking about the possibility of joining Genoa in January if a loan deal can be finally agreed.
Calciomercato reporting Achraf Lazaar talking to Gazzetta dello Sport:
“On Friday morning, Newcastle had authorised me to fly to Italy.
“(I was told) I just had to sign the contract.
“Several voices were coming but, in the evening, the two clubs told me correctly that the deal had faded.
“And now? I hope to regain my space. I will work hard to get back to the top and be the protagonist, if not I will look around.
“Obviously Italy and Serie A always remain in my heart.
“Try again with Genoa in January? Why not? I know Ballardini well, he trained me at Palermo. I wish him a great season.
“Things did not go as expected (since leavening Palermo). We did not see the real Lazaar.
“At Newcastle I played very little and last year at Benevento we were relegated.”