Rafa Benitez has confirmed that the return of Kenedy is set to happen shortly.
The winger travelled up to Tyneside on Monday night and has taken his medical today.
Meanwhile, the Newcastle boss also repeated today that Mikel Merino is set to leave the club.
Rafa having already made clear on Friday that Ki Sung-yueng had been brought in as Merino’s replacement, who is due to return to Spanish football shortly.
However, speaking to BBC Newcastle on Tuesday afternoon, the manager has told them that apart from the Merino and Kenedy deals, nothing else is ‘particularly close’ to happening, either in or out of the club.
Tuesday saw reports of West Ham supposedly having a £20m+ offer turned down for Jamaal Lascelles.
Rafa Benitez confirming there is no way Newcastle want to sell his captain and indeed he says Lascelles ‘has to be a key player for Newcastle United for years to come.’
As for Kenedy, Rafa says his return is ‘good for the team and for the fans’ but that he will keep on pushing the winger, as he believes he is capable of scoring a lot more goals. Last season he only scored two in 13 matches for Newcastle, both coming in the home win over Southampton.
Rafa Benitez asked by BBC Newcastle if selling Jamaal Lascelles was a possibility?
“For sure we don’t want to sell Jamaal.
“He is a key player for us.
“He was a key player last year and he has to be a key player for Newcastle United for years to come.”
Kenedy set to sign on another loan deal:
“It (Kenedy signing) is good for the team and for the fans.
“I’m pushing him now because if he plays at the same level as last year, I will be happy.
“But still, he has to score more goals!”