Newcastle United tell 7 young players they will be leaving – Report
News on Thursday afternoon that Newcastle United have informed at least seven young players that they won’t be offered a new deal.
Whilst the eventual total is believed to be set to far higher when made public, the Chronicle have named seven who they understand will definitely be looking for a new club.
Newcastle said to have told Tom Heardman, Ben Kitchen, Curtis Good, Stuart Findlay, Michael Newberry, Jack Hunter and Kyle Cameron, that they have all been released.
Curtis Good and Stuart Findlay are the only two of the seven who have played for the first team, with Good having now spent six seasons at St James Park after Newcastle paid £500,000 to Melbourne Heart back in 2012.
Injuries have blighted his time on Tyneside but on odd first team appearances he has never looked likely to make it.
With Newcastle so short of numbers at the end of the January window, Curtis Good (and Macauley Gillesphey) were included in Newcastle’s official (maximum) 25 man Premier League squad, although that still only brought numbers up to 24.
The newspaper also reports that only two players due to be out of contract from the development group have definitely been offered new deals, those two being Callum Roberts and Luke Charman. Dan Barlaser having agreed a new deal previously as well.
Not the best timing though, as only hours before being told they had no future at St James Park, a number of these players were amongst the team who won that dramatic Premier League International Cup game at Sunderland.
The game ending 2-2 and then after extra time, NUFC won the reserve team derby 11-10 on penalties.
If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]