Newsletter

Get your daily update and weekly newsletter by signing up today!

News

Where Newcastle are at with incomings/outgoings with 36 hours of transfer window remaining

3 years ago
Share

Don’t worry, we are almost there, the summer 2017 transfer window will close at 11pm tomorrow (Thursday 31 August).

However, any countries with a transfer window that is open beyond tomorrow, can still buy Newcastle players, or any others from English clubs.

So where do we stand with 36 hours of the transfer window remaining?

I have tried to pull together below, just where Newcastle United stand (at 10am on Wednesday morning), with regard to both outgoing players and those most strongly linked with coming into St James Park.

Apologies if I have missed anything and who knows what will happen in the hours that remain, but hopefully this round-up makes things a little clearer.

Dwight Gayle

Sky Sports say Newcastle United sources have confirmed a £15m bid has been received this (Wednesday) morning. NUFC wondering whether to accept – wanted £20m and also claimed Rafa won’t let him go unless a replacement confirmed first.

Siem de Jong

Has signed for Ajax, transfer fee reported in UK as £4m but in Holland as £1.8m.

Tim Krul

Clearly not wanted and has only one year left on his Newcastle contract, yet not even rumours of him leaving for anywhere.

Emmanuel Riviere

Permanent move to Metz. Some clown(s) claimed initially that Newcastle had received £7m for the (one NUFC league goal in three years) striker but French media put the figure at £700,000. Obviously a decimal point in wrong place!

Massadio Haidara

Looked like we’d got rid of him a month ago, only for the left-back to reportedly turn down a move to St Etienne due to the wage offer not being big enough. NUFC obviously desperate to get rid but no strong rumours since early August.

Aleksandar Mitrovic

Two goals and a violent conduct charge from the FA, just a normal couple of weeks for the Serbian striker. With Dwight Gayle looking a possible leaver, it appears to have ensured Mitro will remain, despite Rafa having clearly wanted to shift him out this summer.

Karl Darlow

Put up for sale by Newcastle early in the transfer window but a deal to Middlesbrough fell through with Newcastle claimed to be holding out for too much money/Boro not offering enough.

Freddie Woodman

Widely expected to go out on loan this summer, no rumours recently (though there had been earlier claims of Premier League clubs looking to buy him) and got the chance to train with the England first team squad this week, whilst away with the England Under 21s.

Henri Saivet

Unwanted at the start of the transfer window, it now looks as though he will end up as one of Newcastle’s 25 man Premier League squad.

Matz Sels

Back in Belgium and spending a year on loan at Anderlecht.

Jesus Gamez

Another player who looked like he could leave but set to end up as a squad player when Newcastle name their 25 man PL squad.

Jack Colback

Claims now that he could move to Hull on loan, with Newcastle United paying half of his wages to get him out of the club.

Grant Hanley

A transfer fee (reported to be £3.5m) agreed with Norwich and said to be having his medical today, though Wednesday morning has brought late claims of Fulham trying to hijack that deal.

Achraf Lazaar

Reported to be travelling to Milan today to meet up with his agents and officials from Benevento. Lazaar said to have agreed to move to the recently promoted to Serie A club, with a year loan deal and the Italian club having an option to buy for £3m next summer.

INCOMING

Kenedy

A loan deal for Kenedy (left winger/left-back) had looked likely but now apparently it could be blocked, due to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain reported to have turned down Chelsea because he wants to go to Liverpool.

Kevin Trapp

Rafa Benitez has been desperate to bring in a number one keeper and the latest linked is Trapp. The German goalkeeper is number two at PSG now but his price tag may prove too high for Newcastle according to reports.

Divock Origi

Claimed in recent days to be Rafa’s number one strike target, a loan deal has reportedly no chance of happening now, due to Newcastle being unable to guarantee he would be in the starting eleven on a regular basis.

Dennis Praet

The Sampdoria attacking midfielder has been linked over the past week but each time the Italian media run the story his price tag increases. At the last count it was £18m, which is a farcical figure considering how little he has achieved and wasn’t even a first team regular (19 starts) last season for an average Serie A club.

Nicolas Tagliafico

The weekend brought claims that a deal fr around £4m was imminent to bring the Independiente left-back to Newcastle but now any transfer is being described as ‘complex’. Which likely means everybody (Independiente, agents, the player) wants more cash than Newcastle are willing to pay.

Share

If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]

Have your say

© 2020 The Mag. All Rights Reserved. Design & Build by Mediaworks