Get your daily update and weekly newsletter by signing up today!


Sky Sports predictor gives final Championship positions and calls Brighton v Newcastle United

5 years ago

The Sky Sports predictor has given an interesting update ahead of Brighton v Newcastle on Tuesday night.

Predicting both the chances of Newcastle United and Brighton going up as Champions, or just simply getting automatic promotion by finishing Top Two, as well as who could/should win tonight.

The Sky Sports predictor using their model to work out a percentage chance of these things happening (The Sky Sports prediction system uses an algorithm to rank results, previous performances and the difficulty of upcoming fixtures – which has given this predicted end of campaign table below – and the predicted result tonight).

Their predictor says that:

Newcastle ending the season where they are now, in top spot, is rated as a 49% chance.

As for the opposition: Brighton are now given a marginally better 50% chance and the only other one to feature are Huddersfield (1%).

When it comes to simply ending up in the automatic promotions spots, Huddersfield (8%) are seen as the only realistic challengers to Newcastle (93%) and Brighton (95%) – still rated by far the most likely to stay up there in the automatic promotion places.

When it comes to the final number of points, the Sky Sports predictor forecasts a tie on 94 points for the current top two, with Huddersfield trailing some 10 points behind.

As for the Tuesday night match, their predictor gives Brighton a 40% chance of victory, Newcastle rated a 32% possibility and 28% the draw.

I would settle for that!


If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]

Have your say

© 2022 The Mag. All Rights Reserved. Design & Build by Mediaworks