Transport updates for Newcastle v Sheffield Wednesday
Ahead of the Newcastle v Sheffield Wednesday match tonight, the club have given an update on the travel options available, or not as the case my be, to fans going to the game.
If you live near a Metro station then you should be alright, with services running after the final whistle.
However, if you usually rely on service buses then you are likely to be struggling…
Travel details released by Newcastle United:
Supporters are advised to plan well ahead for the match and to consider the following:
* Metro will operate regular trains until approximately 10:30pm, after the game has finished.
* There will be no Northern Rail or other national rail services.
* Bus services will operate on some routes only before the game, with most finishing by 7pm – check with operators for details of their Boxing Day routes and timetables.
* There will be only a very limited bus service on a small number of routes after the game.
* Dedicated Park and Ride ‘Soccer Bus’ X50 operated by Go North East will run before and after the match.
Final departures from Newcastle city centre on Boxing Day
2235: Central Station to Park Lane (Sunderland)
2248: Haymarket to Airport
2316: St. James’ to the Coast
2345: Haymarket to South Gosforth
If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]