Relatives of those that lost their lives in the MH17 tragedy have had access to further information on Tuesday morning.
The official report of the Dutch Safety Board is due to be released at 12.15 on Tuesday afternoon but relatives were given a sighting of what it contained ahead of the official release.
There were 298 innocent people who lost their lives that day, including Newcastle fans John Alder and Liam Sweeney.
The BBC’s Anna Holligan, who is in the Hague, said that she had been told that Russian made Buk missile shrapnel was found inside the bodies of some of the crew members.
Whilst relatives of those who were lost, have also confirmed the central finding that it was a Russian made Buk missile which struck the plane.
Robby Oehlers, whose cousin Daisy was among the 298 people killed, said that it was ‘as quiet as a mouse’ as Dutch Safety Board chairman Tjibbe Joustra revealed the conclusions of their investigation to the families.
Relatives also stated that the report showed that all the passengers died or had lost consciousness as soon as the missile hit, giving some small measure of comfort to families and friends of the victims of the MH17 nightmare.
Barry Sweeney, father of Liam, told reporters that the families were informed that:
“Basically that the plane was hit be a Buk missile. I think the Russians have said it wasn’t a Buk, but through fragments they’ve found they reckon it was.
“It has hit the cockpit first, killing all three in the cockpit. The cockpit then broke off probably creating confusion in the rest of the plane. Hopefully most people were unconscious by the time this happened.”