Hatem Ben Arfa secures future
Hatem Ben Arfa will be playing his football in France after all next season.
Having been banned from playing for Nice after already appearing for Hull City and Newcastle Under 21s, Hatem was said to have fallen foul of the only being allowed to play for two clubs in the same season rule.
With any deal for Nice then put on hold, it was widely expected that Hatem Ben Arfa would end up elsewhere this coming season.
However, at a press conference on Wednesday, Nice President Jean-Pierre Rivère confirmed that the former Newcastle winger would indeed be playing for Nice this coming season.
“He (Hatem Ben Arfa) is a boy who has an important quality, when he gives his word, he keeps it. He had already shown it this winter and it is still the case today.
“There are one or two points to sort out, but he will be part of OGC Nice next season. It’s a gamble for him as for us, but it gives us great pleasure.”
“After the injustice (not being allowed to play for Nice last season), we had lunch together, and then I told him that we would try to make sure the story is beautiful in the end.
“He then had some very nice offers and it was difficult not to give in to the sirens. Yet, I remained convinced that he would surprise everyone and come to us.”
If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]