Facundo Ferreyra turns down chance to play for Newcastle
It has now been revealed that Facundo Ferreyra turned down the chance to play for the reserves last week.
Back training now for three weeks, Ferreyra was asked to turn out but said he ‘wasn’t ready’.
This is what john Carver had to say when asked about the elusive striker:
“We asked him to play in a reserve game on Tuesday night at St. James’ Park against Middlesbrough, and he wasn’t ready for that, so ‘no’.
“I felt he was ready for it but you have to trust the player – I asked the player and he said he wasn’t ready for it.”
Asking the same question:
“There’s a game next week against Derby, and I’ll ask the same question to see if he’s ready for it.
“I think he’s been back with us now for three weeks, he has had a back problem and an injection in his disc.”
Newcastle United is the only place where the pantomime season lasts 12 months.
The pointless signing of Facundo Ferreyra kind of sums up Newcastle United these days.
A signing that makes no sense, bringing somebody on loan who Alan Pardew said was in no shape to play any time soon after his arrival.
The player clearly has no interest in playing for Newcastle and before they signed back in as club approved, the Chronicle ran an exclusive saying that the rest of the United players couldn’t believe how bad Ferreyra was in training.
The fact the striker was brought in reportedly on the recommendation of Facundo Ferreyra’s mate and Club Captain Fabricio Coloccini, is just about the cherry on the cake.
If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]