10 Positives This Season At Newcastle United
I decided to sit down and come up with my ten positives from Newcastle United so far this season.
Like most of you I am already fed up with this season, which after a handful of matches is just so depressing.
(To feature like Sam, send in your articles for our website to [email protected])
The good things that I could share with you which would help me feel a bit of pride in the club and/or the players, on and off the pitch.
Here are my ten;
- Rolando Aarons’ contribution in the Palace match.
- Janmaat’s willingness to get forward and goal against Palace plus very decent (Newcastle’s only) shot on target from long range against Stoke.
- The club and fan reaction to the sad loss of Liam Sweeney and John Alder.
- Cisse comeback to score the two goals in late fightback against Hull.
- The bravery of Jonas Gutierrez in fighting cancer and the overwhelming support from Newcastle fans to the player.
Those of you who are most alert might have spotted that I didn’t quite reach number ten, or indeed number six.
I didn’t run out of time, I simply couldn’t think of anything else that I could take pleasure or comfort from.
To be honest, even Janmaat is starting to worry me now. A daft penalty at Palace, poor defending for the cross that led to Crouch’s goal, while he turned his back on goals against both Hull and Southampton.
I honestly wanted to put myself in a better frame of mind but can’t think of anything else to prop my fading spirits up.
Please help me out, what have I missed?!!
Please let me know below and cheer me up…
If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]