Ten Reasons Why It Is Better To Support Newcastle Than England
Supporting Newcastle as well as the national team is a bit of a depressing combination, with the predictable England v Uruguay debacle and almost certain group failure, leaving us all now to enjoy the rest of the tournament and an almost universal better class of football from those who do qualify.
- It is ONLY 45 years since Newcastle won a trophy.
- Nobody expects Newcastle to win anything these days, unlike the remaining England fantasists, so no unrealistic expectations for Geordies.
- Newcastle sign more players than England (by a very small margin).
- The press almost totally ignore Newcastle these days so we can suffer in peace, at least until the next crisis…
- Mike Ashley takes even more money out of the pockets of England fans buying shirts than our (few remaining)l supporters who still buy Newcastle shirts.
- Newcastle United have a great manager in Alan Pardew, or so he keeps telling us.
- The only annoying cockneys watching Newcastle’s team are those running/ruining it.
- Newcastle supporters don’t have to refer to one of their players as Stevie G.
- United fans can ‘look forward’ to our next meaningful match in August, England supporters will need to wait a little longer.
- You were almost certainly born on Tyneside, or have a strong connection to the area, unless you are one of those very strange people who actually CHOSE to support Newcastle United.
If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]