Ten Facts To Get Newcastle Fans United
I’m a 60 years old United fan, although not a Geordie by birth I was born and have lived in the North East all my life, I have a season ticket in the East stand and like most fans I am a bit down at the moment, to say the very least, and still hurting from the sunderland defeat and FA cup exit.
So being a realist I have put a list together.
Just 10 facts we can all debate but are still FACTS
- We currently sit 8th in the Premier league (13 points more than the SMBs so get yer chins up). Fact
- We have a huge fan base, the 3rd best supported club in the premier league (for now). Fact
- Mike Ashley bought us as an advertising medium and it’s been a great investment for him and he probably wouldn’t sell, the Club its making him a fortune, so he is no idiot. Fact
- Cabaye has gone and no club in this day and age can keep players who want to leave, the only thing 99.9% of players are interested in is money (look at the Rooney & Suarez pay deals after threatening to leave). Fact
- Alan Pardew won manager of the Season two years ago and manager of the Month once this season. Fact
- We are going to lose Colo, Krul, Remy and Debuchy in the summer. Fact
- Shola has been at the club for 14 years! And is still in the 1st team squad (sorry but it’s a Fact).
- Ashley is only interested in money, he paid a reported £134 million for United but don’t forget certain people walked away from OUR club with that £134million in their pockets (two local blokes as well). Fact
- The overwhelming majority of us want rid of Ashley but we have no one to organise or coordinate protests/actions to get rid of this Fella who is making a fortune out of us all, or he would be long gone. Fact
- I will renew my season ticket next season but I am fully prepared to support any organised protest/action or a televised match boycott, either partial or full game, that is organised by groups who command a large following of NUFC fans both online and in the two fanzines (Mag/True Faith) on sale outside the ground on match days and local paper shops. Fact
I hope I have not overstated the obvious but I am running out of time to see UNITED lift a domestic trophy.
To organise our fans won’t be easy, because we never normally need any help to support our club, but these are very important times in our proud history and we have to take action to get change.
We must attack Ashley/Sports Direct during televised games, whatever peaceful dignified protests it takes that hits him in the pocket, but we need to be well organised.
UNITED we will be strong and let’s be honest we have more class than Sports Direct whose owner only has one love – MONEY.
SO IT’S OVER TO ALL THE LADS & LASSES to give us smiling faces, let’s have a go.
Debate how, and more importantly, who is going to organise all 50,520 of us (our average home crowd this season).
If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]