Newcastle United’s Offer For Gomis Increased But…
The Bafetimbi Gomis ‘transfer’ story appears never ending though two reports from France have caught our eye.
Our French observers report firstly that Lyon’s owner, Jean-Michel Aulas, has said that a transfer fee had been agreed with Newcastle, however the second lone does cast a big doubt on the chances of anything being completed.
Firstly, from Maxifoot in France;
Lyon : Gomis, les détails de l’offre des Magpies
Olympique Lyonnais president Jean-Michel Aulas said yesterday that he had reached an agreement with Newcastle for the transfer of Bafetimbi Gomis (27 years, 37 games and 16 goals in Ligue 1 2012-2013 ). Le Progrès reveals today the details of the offer of Magpies, which would amount to 8.5 million euros, plus 2 million bonus based on results.
Now remains to see whether the French international striker has finally found an agreement with the English club.
However, that story was then followed by this extra angle last night;
OL: Gomis fait l’autruche
OL: Gomis is burying his head in the sand
Probed by Le Progrès on Thursday night while attending a game at ASSE Geoffroy-Guichard, Gomis made a point of saying: “I am still an employee of the OL at the moment …” Bafetimbi Gomis is clearly not ready to take the plunge of a transfer towards Newcastle.
We write up the above and now just in from our chief translator Pierre, from butfootballclub…
OL – Info entraînement : Gomis d’accord avec Newcastle depuis trois semaines!
OL – Info Training: Gomis agreed with Newcastle three weeks ago!
Bafetimbi Gomis to Newcastle, is the rumour that has been circulating for a few days around OL. Where exactly are the negotiations up to? Gomis this Friday morning at the training center Gones (OL’s training ground), gave some insight into his future.
“It’s been three weeks since I agreed with Newcastle. There are only a few details to work out. “
If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]