Mike Ashley Picks Up Another £450m
The latest Sunday Times Rich List has just been revealed and on a regional basis, Mike Ashley easily tops the north east list.
Ashley’s stake in his empire is now valued at £2.3Billion which places him thirty first in the UK and unsurprisingly number one in our region.
The figures mean that it’s believed his fortune has increased by an incredible £450m in only the last 12 months, with the economy so weak Ashley is making hay while the sun shines and adding value to his portfolio.
In terms of the other football club owners in the north east, Steve Gibson has dropped out of the north east top ten with his fortune dropping by an estimated £20m to £145m, god knows what would happen to Middlesbrough if anything happened to him.
While Ellis Short doesn’t feature as he isn’t a UK citizen, his wealth is estimated to be £850m.
The North East Top Ten
- Mike Ashley £2,300m (£2.3Billion)
- Poju & Anita Zabludowicz £1,500m (£1.5Billion) Property & Hotels
- The Fenwick Family £473m Department stores
- Jonathan Ruffer £330m Finance
- Duke of Northumberland £325m Land & Art
- Alastair & Michael Powell £250m Cables & Property
- John Reece & Family £200m Engineering
- Graham Wylie £185m Software
- Sting £180m Music
- The Barbour Family £175m Fashion
New issue of The Mag out now, or order online now for single copies and subscriptions.
If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]