Newcastle United In World’s Top Ten Deals
We recently brought you details of just how much the Virgin deal was worth and how that compared to other English clubs but now The Sun have put this into a World context.
1. MANCHESTER UNITED £30m (General Motors)
2. BARCELONA £25m (Qatar Foundation)
3. BAYERN MUNICH £23.6m (Deutche Telekom)
4. LIVERPOOL £20m (Standard Chartered)
4. MANCHESTER CITY £20m (Etihad Airways)
4. SUNDERLAND (Up to an unlikely £20m depending on factors yet to be revealed) (Invest in Africa)
7. REAL MADRID £16.8m (Bwin)
8. CHELSEA £13.8m (Samsung)
9. TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR £10m (Autonomy & Investec)
9. NEWCASTLE UNITED £10m (Virgin Money)
9. AC MILAN £10m (Emirates)
(Manchester United also profit from a separate £10m a year training kit deal, while Spurs have a separate £5m a year one for Cup matches)
This list proves two things; the confirmation that the English Premier League is undoubtedly the World’s most popular, plus the fact that commercially Newcastle United are a name that can attract serious money.
Start a 10 issue Mag subscription with our first issue of the season out on 11th August, or the superb summer special – every month a new issue direct to your door. Subscribe online here
Buy a single copy of the summer special online here in The Mag Shop available for worldwide delivery.
If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]