We recently brought you details of just how much the Virgin deal was worth and how that compared to other English clubs but now The Sun have put this into a World context.
1. MANCHESTER UNITED £30m (General Motors)
2. BARCELONA £25m (Qatar Foundation)
3. BAYERN MUNICH £23.6m (Deutche Telekom)
4. LIVERPOOL £20m (Standard Chartered)
4. MANCHESTER CITY £20m (Etihad Airways)
4. SUNDERLAND (Up to an unlikely £20m depending on factors yet to be revealed) (Invest in Africa)
7. REAL MADRID £16.8m (Bwin)
8. CHELSEA £13.8m (Samsung)
9. TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR £10m (Autonomy & Investec)
9. NEWCASTLE UNITED £10m (Virgin Money)
9. AC MILAN £10m (Emirates)
(Manchester United also profit from a separate £10m a year training kit deal, while Spurs have a separate £5m a year one for Cup matches)
This list proves two things; the confirmation that the English Premier League is undoubtedly the World’s most popular, plus the fact that commercially Newcastle United are a name that can attract serious money.
Start a 10 issue Mag subscription with our first issue of the season out on 11th August, or the superb summer special – every month a new issue direct to your door. Subscribe online here
Buy a single copy of the summer special online here in The Mag Shop available for worldwide delivery.