Newsletter

Get your daily update and weekly newsletter by signing up today!

News

Tiote Playing For His Future At Newcastle

8 years ago
Share

Whether Cheick Tiote is still at St.James’ Park next season could largely be in his own hands…and feet. Expected to return from injury today, his presence could be a massive help towards another three points that would take us another step towards the Champions League.

If we qualify for that then why would Cheick be going anywhere?

Two things any Newcastle fan should have learnt about the newspapers over the years is firstly, not to trust 90% of what they read (though it is often hard to spot the other 10%!), secondly, there is nothing you can do about the anti-Newcastle coverage so you either stop reading them or have  a big sieve in your head that can shake out all the nonsense.

At the minute there is nothing to stop player speculation  and being a glass half full type of person I look at it as a positive. There is a reason why for example it is our players, and not sunderland’s, who are repeatedly linked with big money moves.

Cheick Tiote is one who has heavily featured and he has came out (yet again!) with a positive message to United fans:

“I’m a Newcastle player – my future is at Newcastle.

I’m playing for Newcastle, and I have to finish this season strongly and help the team get into Europe. If we do that, it will be good for the club and the fans.

We need to stay focused and play as a team. If we do that, we can finish in the top four.

This is a team. If you don’t play as a team, it’s difficult to achieve anything.

We need to play as a team and stay compact. If we do that, we can achieve something this season”.

Speaking to the Shields Gazette he makes it clear he sees his future at Newcastle, Demba Ba having come out and said exactly the same.

Of course if Newcastle wanted to sell a player for big money that could move the goalposts, just as Manchester United cashed in on Ronaldo, but all you can ask for is that the players themselves are committed to your club and for me, not only are we fortunate to have talented players but they also come across as a team who have proved this season that together they are greater than their parts.

Share

If you would like to feature on The Mag, submit your article to [email protected]

Have your say

© 2020 The Mag. All Rights Reserved. Design & Build by Mediaworks