Newcastle United are smashing the live TV audiences this season.
The regular 46 game season last year saw Champions Burnley draw the biggest Sky Sports audience, with 547,000 watching them take on QPR as they won promotion in their final home game (there were two bigger ones but they were both in the play-offs after the regular season had ended).
However, Newcastle have already beaten that figure in four different matches this season (see below).
Leeds away (826,000), Brighton away (705,000), Sheffield Wednesday home (598,000) and Blackburn away (584,000).
Plus, past seasons have shown that the biggest live TV audiences of the season in the Championship, tend to come towards the end of the season when promotion issues are make or break.
Preston at home is also going to be shown live, whilst Newcastle fans will shortly find out if the Cardiff away match will be selected by Sky Sports as well.
The final day of the season sees Newcastle home to Barnsley and the live TV choices for that final day of fixtures will be selected very late on.
2015/16 highest live TV audiences in the Championship (including the play-offs) as compiled by BARB:
- Hull v Sheffield Wednesday 674,000
- Brighton v Sheffield Wednesday 647,000
- Burnley v QPR 547,000
- Sheffield Wednesday v Burnley 514,000
- Burnley v Brighton 498,000
- Sheffield Wednesday v Derby 464,000
- Hull v Derby 458,000
- Forest v Leeds 446,000
- QPR v Hull 441,000
- Wolves v Leeds 415,000
2016/17 highest live TV audiences in the Championship (so far) as compiled by BARB:
- Leeds v Newcastle 826,000
- Brighton v Newcastle 705,000
- Newcastle v Sheffield Wednesday 598,000
- Blackburn v Newcastle 584,000
- Fulham v Newcastle 531,000
- Aston Villa v Newcastle 524,000
- Forest v Newcastle 444,000
- Sheffield Wednesday v Leeds 444,000
- Barnsley v Leeds 443,000
- Huddersfield v Newcastle 435,000