Both Newcastle and Crystal Palace have been linked previously with a move for Andros Townsend.

Reports in the South London media this morning claim that the chances of the England winger moving in January massively increased.

Having struggled against increased competition this season at White Hart Lane, Andros Townsend hasn’t started a single Premier League match.

Events this week though have taken things to another level, in terms of any realistic chance of Townsend featuring any time soon.

The winger has been thrown out of the squad for tonight’s Europa League clash with Anderlecht, due to discipline issues.

Manager Mauricio Pochettino says that Andros Townsend hasn’t been allowed to train with the first team group this week and isn’t available for tonight’s game because of that.

Pochettino refused to say when the player would be allowed back into first team training and said that he takes discipline problems very seriously.

These latest problems for Andros Townsend came about because he reacted badly to being an unused substitute in Monday’s win over Aston Villa.

The winger clearly seen pushing and arguing with fitness coach Nathan Gardiner on the pitch after the game.

Mauricio Pochettino:

“He (Andros Townsend) did not train with the group and he is not available to be selected.

“It is because of Monday, if you behave the wrong way you always need to pay.”

“It is always my decision when he is available again to be part of the squad, discipline for me is very important.”