Newcastle United are to make a second bid for striker Benik Afobe, according to press claims today.

The striker had a sensational 2014/15 season as he scored 32 goals.

The (now) 22 year old is a product of the Arsenal production line of quality players and had been out on six separate loans before joining Wolves in January for a reported £2m.

Spending the first half of the season on loan at MK Dons, Afobe hit 19 goals, then a further 13 when he joined Wolves in the new year.

It is the Sunday People running the story and eventually they must get one right…

They claim Newcastle have already had one offer turned down and that Norwich made a bid this past week which was also rejected.

Having scored three goals in five games this season, Wolves manager Kenny Jackett is said to adamant that he won’t sell his best player.

Saturday brought the latest supposed interest from Turkey in Papiss Cisse, this time Galatasaray were the latest club said to be interested.

With Turkish media organisation Fanatik claiming that the Turkish club had been given encouragement when enquiring about Cisse, with a bid of 5m euros (around £3.5m) set to be made.

If the Newcastle number nine was sold, which wouldn’t surprise anybody with him being one of the highest earners at United and having turned 30 in the summer, then it would be a major risk if United didn’t bring in a replacement in this window.